April 13, 2012

The Battle For Skandia

Ranger’s Apprentice Book 4: The Battle for Skandia


I just finished reading The Battle for Skandia. It is the fourth book in the Rangers Apprentice series. I liked it because of how the main character is exactly what I want to be when I am a teenager. His name is Will and in the beginning of his training he gets a cloak that blends in with the woods, making it almost impossible to see him. He considers a shot that is ten centimeters above where he was aiming when he is 100 meters away from his target a failure! When I try to shoot my bow at home I consider it a good shot when I hit within a foot of where I was aiming from 20 feet from my target! He can also throw throwing knives with deadly accuracy, and can block a sword with his “saxe” knife (a knife which is as durable as a battle ax, can be used as a short sword- it’s like a foot and a half long- and can be used with as much ease as a normal knife.). The first four books in the series are about how he trains to be a Ranger, the rest are about all the missions he does when he is a Ranger. Halt, the guy who is Will’s master can shoot a bow with deadly accuracy and speed without even seeing his target! He can also throw knives with his eyes shut and his target wherever he chooses! That is the other part about the books that I love, both the main characters are ninjas. Can you win a war when the opponent has over 5,000 troops and you only have 1,500? It’s all part of Will's training to become a Ranger- from throwing knives to escaping slavery to being a tactician. These books have a way of keeping you reading forever!

I would recommend these books to anyone from 4th grade to young adult who are looking for action!

By: Gman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page