March 14, 2012

Do Not Pass Go

Do Not Pass Go


Do Not Pass Go, by Kirpatrick Hill, is not a book I’ll soon forget. It’s a touching and very realistic story of a boy named Deet trying to cope with the fact that his father is in jail for drug use. Before I read this book, I looked at jail as a place where hardened criminals go. But I think the author was trying to get across the fact that everybody in jail has a story. Deet’s father was a kind person before he went to jail, and he makes friends with several people in jail, while Deet makes friends with the people on the other side of the bars. I will say that no large events actually happen after Deet’s father goes to jail, just changes inside Deet. This book is a great read, not too long either. I would not, however, recommend it to action fans because they will be bored. This is not a boring book itself, but it does not have the fast-paced excitement of most children’s books today. This is quite a touching book, and will change the way you look at jail and convicts.



-Eulalia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page