April 5, 2011

My Side Of The Mountain

           If you are looking for a really good book that you can’t put down and you have to just keep reading without a thought of anything that goes on in the world around you then do not read My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. I only read this book because I had to, otherwise I would not have gotten past the first chapter.
            My Side of the Mountain is about a boy named Sam who wants to escape the busy city of New York and just go look for his great-grandfather Gribley’s  farm and live there. This book might appeal to you if you are planning to leave your life and go live in a tree (literally). It could work as a guide, but as entertainment? This book does not fall under that category. Unless you really love nature and the wilderness, I would not recommend opening this book.

~Anonymous


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous (the blogger)June 09, 2011

    I forgot to mention, he has a bunch of animal friends. I was reminded of "Snow White" I'm surprised they didnt start doing her laundry...

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page