March 17, 2011

The Wild Girls by Pat Murphy

      A couple of months ago I was skimming through my book shelves at home, looking for a book I had not read before. My eyes met The Wild Girls by Pat Murphy.
     When Joan's family moves from Connecticut to San Francisco she finds herself at a new school and exploring the woods near her neighborhood with her best friend, Fox. Throughout the seventh grade life at home slowly goes downhill. Joan's mother and father are fighting all the time and her brother keeps on disappearing with his gangster friends. Can Joan lift her family's spirit?
     I would definitely recommend The Wild Girls to readers who enjoy sitting with a fantastic book and reading a long but quick read about two young girls who love to write.

foxWinterRed.jpg (28260 bytes)~ Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page